Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
成功不要紧,失败不致命。继续前行的勇气,才最可贵。
“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”
悲观主义者在每个机会里看到困难。乐观主义者在每个困难里看到机会。
“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.”
勇气是能站起来侃侃而谈。勇气也是能坐下来静静倾听。
“You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.”
你有敌人?很好。这说明在你的生命中的某个时刻,你曾经呐喊过。
“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.”
要求不高,只求最好。
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
人经常被真相困扰。但是大多数人装作没看见就走了。
“If you are going through hell, keep going.”
如果你感觉自己在走过地狱。走着别停。
“History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.”
历史对我不错,因为都是我写的。
“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”
谎言环游全球的时候,真相还没穿好裤子。
“Never, never, never give in!”
永不,永不,永不屈服。
“Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink.”
“Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.”
Exchange between Lady Astor and Winston Churchill ”
阿斯特女士:如果你是我老公,我就在你酒里下毒。
丘吉尔:如果你是我老婆,我毫不犹豫喝下去。
“For myself I am an optimist – it does not seem to be much use to be anything else.”
我本人是个乐观主义者,因为做别的貌似没什么用。